Reclaimed Long Leaf Antique Heart Pine harvested in the 1800's these trees were three hundred plus years old. They stood straight and strong until harvested and the mighty timbers and lumber used in building large textile mills that employed 5000 people. Now these mills have out lived their use but not this beautiful wood, has aged beautifully and is a perfect for a flooring choice for any home. Full of warm tones, character and real beauty and history only age can provide.
Reclaimed Heart Pine
Same Wood-Different Finishes
CUSTOM MILLED DIRECT TO YOU
Both our Reclaimed White Oak and Heart Pine Are Milled like the old days when the cotton mill was established in 1866. Our beautiful circle saw cut as milled in the past and placed in the cotton mill when the tree was possibly at a ripe old age of 400 years old to even up to 500 plus years possible. These giants were harvested and turned into mighty fortresses for the production of America's cotton. They have out lived that day in history and are now ready for a new home both woods are hard as nails uniquely different as well as beautiful, both ready to withstand many more seasons of life, ready for a new home!
RECLAIMED LONG LEAF HEART PINE
RUSTIC CIRCLE SAW / 50-50 HIT & MISS / CLEAN FACE
Circle Saw Face creates a rustic look, for a softer look with still the circle saw marks we set our circle saw to remove 50% of the saw marks which we call our hit and miss face this creates a unique look that can also be achieved by hours of hand sanding now we can do all that work for you! Or choose a freshly milled clean face letting all the character of the grain show through.
Reclaimed Heart Pine Flooring Specifications
- One of a kind, Reclaimed from Century old Shawmut Cotton Mill built in 1866
- Old Growth 4-500 year old or older White Oak and Long Leaf Heart Pine trees at harvest
- Historic photos, news clippings of the mill are available
- Circle Saw Face, Hit & Miss Face, or Clean Face
- Lead time averages 4-6 weeks each order custom milled (call for rush orders)
- Acclimation allow 10 - 14 days for the wood to acclimate to your climate, we recommend using a moisture meter
- Installation either Nail down, Stapled, Screwed, and Glue down
- Installation over Concrete, call for glue recommendation
- 50/50 Hit & Miss is not eliminating the circle-saw marks, this softens out the marks about 50% for a less rustic more lived on look
- Heart Pine available in 5" - 7" wide planks (call for availability of wider widths)
- White Oak available in 5", 7", 8", 9", & 11" White Oak wide planks
- Heart Pine- Random Lengths 9' - 12' with a few 4' long on average
- White Oak- Random Lengths 12' - 14' long, some 16' long with a few 4' on average
- Flooring is 3/4" thick (custom thickness milling available)
- Newly tongue and groove or straight lined-square edge
- Kiln Dried for sterilization no chemicals used
- End trimming on job site required
- Allow for a 10% waste factor
- Bull nosed stair tread and trim material available
- Matching custom flooring registers available
The reclaimed wood has been fastened in place in the textile mill since 1866 over 150 years having air dried and seasoned to a stable condition. When the building is deconstructed the posts, beams, joists, purl-ins and rafters usually maintain their straightness. If we do get a twisted timber we can saw it straight and square. Because the wood is seasoned, 99% of the re-swan pieces stay straight.
The look of aged and antiqued lumber and timbers has a warm and tasteful quality. From golden brown to light gray patinas, there's something soothing in the old wood.
Wood floors are more durable, and eco friendly, affordable and very easy to maintain. They are pleasing to the eye and the best part is that the floor offers the feel of having a piece of nature at home, adding a rustic charm in your home.